Not only can you create duotones by using the Black & White adjustment layer in Adobe Photoshop, you can also do the same thing with the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer. How does this work? In this video, learn how to create a duotone with the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.
- Earlier you learned about duotones…with the black and white adjustment layer.…The hue saturation technique can…also be used to create a duotone.…Let me show you why you might…like this one as an alternative to process the image.…Lets tackle using a HSL adjustment layer…to create a duotone conversion.…In this case it's working quite well,…and you'll see that we've got two different adjustments.…First up an HSL adjustment here,…and in this case it's making some…very targeted adjustments to specific areas.…
Then what we have are some other changes…happening under the hood and this…one is adding the color tone or shift…with the colorize option.…So let's try that out.…To start we'll add the first HSL adjustment,…and just click colorize.…And you see that this allows you…to pick a hue and dial that in.…In this case using it as sort of…sepia tone or duotone effect.…And I can adjust the saturation.…I usually find that a lower subtle value works quite well.…
And I'm gonna try to leave the…luminosity or lightness more or less alone.…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.