A photo look that many people want for their images is the duotone look. You can easily create this in Adobe Photoshop. You can create a duotone look with a Black & White adjustment layer. In this video, walk through how to use a Black & White adjustment layer in Photoshop to create a duotone look.
- Besides traditional gray scale images,…a lot of folks are also interested…in duotones or sepia tones.…Where a subtle color is introduced…and mixed with the black ink.…This can also be done with the black and white…adjustment layer and we can colorize it with a gentle tint.…Here's how.…Let's take a look at another example.…In this case, I've got some duotones being processed.…Now there's really two parts to this.…One is a curve adjustment so it gives you…this strong detail that you want.…
And the second is a black and white adjustment.…Now, let's start with the color image here,…and just add a curves adjustment.…Earlier in the course, you learned about…the ability to change the way that this applies.…If you option or alt click on the word auto,…I can choose to enhance brightness and contrast.…Or choose another method here,…like find dark and light colors and snap the mid tones.…In any case, this just allows you to control…the contrast in the image.…I think enhanced brightness and contrast…works quite well here.…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.