Another type of adjustment layer that you need to take advantage of in Adobe Photoshop is the Color Lookup adjustment layer. Color Lookup tables give colors already in an image a new definition as another color. In this video learn, how to create custom lookup tables (LUTs) in Photoshop.
- As an advanced user, you're probably excited by…LUTs and what' I'd like you to do now is realize…that anything you can do with an adjustment layer…can be stored as a lookup table.…This means some of the complex recipes that you've…discovered in this course, with blending modes…and adjustment layers, can all get bundled up…into one lookup table.…Now it doesn't support masks or anything like that.…But it does allow you to take multiple adjustment layers…and concatenate or build those into one lookup table,…which can then be applied to images in Photoshop,…video editing applications or even Adobe Lightroom.…
In the case of this image, I've already applied…several adjustments to enhance the photo.…First, a curves adjustment, which is a subtle…adjustment on the image, just a little lit.…Then a black and white conversion using the…overlay blending mode.…A little pop to the color, the hue and saturation…and some selective color adjustments.…Now, you'll notice that the background layer is locked.…That's important for this to work.…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.