Join Julieanne Kost for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom brush, part of Photoshop CC 2017 Essential Training: Design.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] If you've ever wanted to…quickly add multiple instances of an element to an image,…creating a custom brush can help.…So here I'm just using a new document,…but I am going to create a custom brush on a blank layer.…So at the bottom of the Layers Panel I'll click…the New Layer icon to add a blank layer…and then I'll select my Custom Shape tool…and I've chosen just this little circle here.…I'll tap the Enter key to dismiss the Custom Shape picker…and then I'll tap the D key in order…to get my default foreground and background color.…
And I don't want to drag out a shape or a path,…I actually want pixels here.…So I'll click and drag out,…I'm holding down the Shift key to constrain proportions,…then I'll switch to my Marquee tool by tapping the M key…and click and drag a marquee around this shape.…I'll hold down the space bar,…which will allow me to reposition the point of origin,…and then let go of the space bar to create my selection.…Choose Edit and then Define Brush Preset.…
I'll give it a name, Circle, tap Okay,…
Photoshop CC is loaded with tools and features for making tonal and color adjustments, applying effects and treatments to type and graphics, and distorting, filtering, and layering elements, while always maintaining the highest-quality output. This course shows the most efficient ways to perform common design tasks, including layout, image editing, drawing shapes, and working with type and fonts. Along the way, you will learn the secrets of nondestructive editing using Smart Objects and master features such as layers, artboards, libraries, adjustment layers, filters, blending modes, layer effects, typography, custom brushes, vector masks, and much more—increasing your productivity every step of the way.
- Working with Smart Objects
- Warping and creative transformations
- Reshaping images with Liquify
- Using filters, including blur and patterns
- Creating and modifying shapes
- Applying blend modes
- Applying layer effects and layer styles
- Working with type and fonts
- Painting in Photoshop
- Using and sharing libraries
- Taking advantage of artboards
- Exporting and sharing Photoshop files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Smart Objects
2. Creative Transformations for Designers
3. Essential Filters for Designers
Creating custom trees3m 7s
4. Basic Shape Layers
5. Fill Layers and Blend Modes
6. Essential Layer Effects and Styles
7. Type Essentials
8. Painting Essentials
9. Working with Libraries
11. Exporting Files and Sharing Images
Quickly exporting images3m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.