In this video, learn how to create a custom brush tip.
- [Instructor] Scrolling through the list … of available brush tips here in our brush settings window, … we encounter quite a few brush tips … that look much more interesting … than our standard round Photoshop brush. … These brush tips are called custom brush tips … and it's very likely that your installation … of Photoshop already comes with a great variety … of these custom brush tips … and if you want to have even more custom brush tips, … you can go to the internet … and purchase custom brush tips from all kinds of websites. … But, you can also make your own custom brush tip, … and I want to show you now how to do that. … One way to create your own custom brush tip … is to create a new file, … preferably at a square proportion, … so something like 400 by 400 pixels will just do fine. … Now we have our new file, … I now need a brush tip that I can use … to design my custom brush tip. … And it's important to point out that custom brush tips … in Photoshop are only defined in grayscales. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.