Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating cork, part of Artistic Concepts in Photoshop and Illustrator 2.
- What we're going to do in this movie is…we're gonna change the material of our cylinder.…Now right now it's a rubber, just like the little ball.…But I've got this texture here of a cork.…What I'm gonna do is make sure…I'm in the right area here,…right here in front of the body.…I'm gonna take that cork and let's just drag it right in,…right there on top.…Notice that it came in because it's clipped right there?…Well, it's already clipped because…it's right in between the shadow, right there.…What I'm gonna to do is I'm gonna take…that little shape and just move it…into position right about there, okay.…
Now we got that.…Now we're gonna have to introduce a couple of things.…That highlight, let's fill it to white.…Let's go in there and lock the transparency…and fill it with white.…So now we got a little white going on there…and we can bring down the opacity on it a little bit,…There we go, so we just have this…little highlight, very light.…The shadow, we're gonna put that in multiply mode…and reduce its opacity so we can…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels