Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating concrete, part of Artistic Concepts in Photoshop and Illustrator 2.
- What's going to happen now,…is our little cylinder here that's made out of cork,…is now going to be made out of concrete.…With the concrete, we're not going to use a picture.…We're going to create our own concrete.…So right up here, we're going to create a new layer.…I'm going to select a nice piece like that.…There we go.…In fact, let's make it real close…to the size of the cylinder itself.…There you go.…I'm going to fill it with a nice color grey.…That's a nice grey like that.…Click OK, and I'm going to go ahead and fill it.…With that foreground color, which is a grey, 100 percent.…
There it is.…So now what I'm going to do to this,…is apply a whole series of filters…to make it look like concrete.…First filter I'm going to go is to filter gallery.…Right here.…I'm going to choose Craquelure, right there.…I've got a big spacing set up, but I could go really low.…I want it to have a nice big spacing like this.…There we go, and I'm going to click OK.…So what's going to happen is I'm going to apply…that filter a few more times so that we…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels