Create an extremely dense collage of both meaningful and filler items. Load up the scanner bed with these objects while keeping compositional and aesthetic goals in mind. Go overboard. Take your time. Fill your space from edge to edge. The building of this scene is the real project here—the scanning is just the final quick step. The collage could be theme-based or just visual nonsense. Up to you.
- All right, let's get right down to business here,…and by business, I mean let's have some fun…creating a theme-based 3D collage with our scanner.…So the theme that I'm gonna go with is happy birthday.…That way, when I'm done, I can print the image…that I come up with for last-minute birthday cards,…and yeah, I am thinking ahead here.…Now along with the Scrabble letters…that I've gathered for my theme, I've also rounded up…some other relevant items.…I got birthday candles, some party favors,…some bits of ribbon, and so on.…
I mean, after all, a good collage is all about collecting…the right building material up front.…And before I do any more work on this collage,…I'm gonna take a quick overview scan just to check out…what I've got going, and that looks pretty cool.…I'm good so far.…All right, now the theme of your collage…when you do this project, it can be anything you like.…It could be a theme based on a special event, like mine is,…or it could be a theme based on a hobby or an interest,…or maybe it could be connected to an abstract idea…
- Working with scanning equipment
- Scanning resolution and cropping
- Advanced digital treatments of scans
- Building a creature with a scanner
- Creating a collage with a scanner
- Scanning botanical specimens from your yard
- Creating a GIF using your scanner
- Processing film negatives with a scanner
- Professional uses for scanography
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Introduction to scanography1m 55s
1. Getting Started Scanning
2. Using Your Scanner to Create Art
3. Advanced Compositions with Scanning
4. Sharing Your Work
Where to go from here3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.