Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating chrome, part of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy: Volume 2.
- What's gonna happen now is we're gonna turn…our marble into a polished chrome.…Chrome, in this particular case, is kind of like a mirror.…We're actually gonna reflect everything around it.…What we're seeing is this background here,…so that's what's going to be reflected…inside of our cylinder now.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go…to the background right there,…and let's just see the background by itself.…What I'm gonna do is select a nice big portion of it…right there like that,…and I've got the background selected.…I'm gonna say, "Give me a new layer via copy."…There's my new little piece there.…
Let's turn everybody else back on.…There's our marble.…What we're gonna do is take that little piece…and put it up in front of the marble,…and throw away the marble.…We don't need the marble anymore.…There's our little shape, and let's take it…and put it right in position where we want it…right there in the middle.…Now what's gonna happen next is I'm gonna…take this shape, and I'm gonna distort it the way…you're going to see inside of a sphere like that.…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels