Mike Rankin demonstrates how to create a custom brush preset in Photoshop, including color and shape dynamics as well as the size, angle, and roundness of the brush. He also shows how to organize brushes by creating a new brush group.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at … how to create a custom brush preset in Photoshop. … It's great that you can access … lots of built-in brushes and load other brushes … from third-party resources, … but sometimes you just need to create … your own new brush for a particular use. … So, to create a new brush, … take one of the tools that use brushes, … I'll just take the brush tool, … and click on the button in the Options bar … that looks like a folder to open the brush settings panel. … Here you have dozens of attributes … that you can apply and customize … for your new brush. … Starting with the brush tip shape, … right here at the top, … and you can control the size, … the roundness, … angle, hardness, … and spacing. … So, for example, if I make a brush that's … 100 pixels in size … with a 45 degree angle, … 10% round, and 100% hardness, … I get brush that can make calligraphy effects. … From there I can turn on shape dynamics, … and add jitter to vary the size, angle, and roundness. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.