Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the book, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this movie, we're gonna focus in on…these books down here sitting on a shelf.…Creating a three dimensional book.…Now, saying three dimensional, you might think,…"Oh, this is gonna be a 3D thing."…No, we're gonna do it in 2D using this book right here.…We've got the front cover and we've got the spine.…It is an existing book and look who wrote that.…But anyway, this is the book we want to…turn into the third dimension.…Now using it in 3D is gonna be far…more complex than it needs to be.…That's why I'm gonna do it right here…based on this very same cover.…
What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna…turn this into a layer right off the bat, right there.…I'm gonna give it a little more room,…so let's go into our canvas, canvas size…and let's make this 10 by 10, and we've…got the original in the middle, there it is.…And let's give it a layer and back,…just so we have something to kind of,…see things, the way it's gonna look.…So let's just give it a nice little color back there,…let's just go with a nice red color.…Go into a very deep color.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.