Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the basic shape of the nail polish bottle, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So, we're going to create our…little bottle of nail polish.…Now, it really helps to have something…as a reference, a photograph,…or maybe even a real little bottle of nail polish…just to see how light works, how reflections work and so on.…Now, first thing I want to do is I'm gonna…call up my rulers, Command R,…and pull out a guide for myself…right in the center of the whole thing.…Just so I have a place where I can grow from.…I'm going to take away the ruse, we don't need them anymore.…And what I'm going to do is I'm going to create…the bottle top, the actual top of the bottle itself.…
I'm going to get my elliptical tool…and I'm going to create right here from the center out,…I'm going to create the top of the bottle,…and it's going to look just about like that.…That's going to be it.…Now, I'm going to take this guy…and I'm going to duplicate him straight down.…Make a copy of him straight down,…and that's going to be the bottom of the bottle.…Right there.…Now, since this is the bottom,…it's going to have a slightly different angle.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.