Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the base of the lamp, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So now we've got our basic lamp going there.…It's rounded down here, so we need something…to hold it onto the table.…So we're gonna create the base,…which we have in the Paths.…There it is.…So I'll take that guy right there…and turn it into a selection as I've done all the others.…Going back to our layers.…It should be behind the body.…So what I'm gonna do is, create down here…a new layer and call it "base."…So now, the base is gonna be brass.…Let's just say it's a brass base.…So what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna pick…a nice color for my brass to have.…
Gonna go in here and, say, pick something about like that.…That's a good color.…So gonna go ahead and then fill that…with the Foreground Color at 100%.…There. Okay. So now, let me deselect this.…So I'm gonna do a few things to make this…really look like it is, in fact, brass.…So, one thing it needs right off the bat is,…it's gonna need a shadow.…And what we're going to do right now is,…create a little group here.…And we're gonna call this group "the base"…because we do have quite a few layers…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.