- Exploring different methods for creating grayscale images
- Measuring grayscale values using the Histogram and Info panels
- Adjusting highlights and shadows to improve brightness and contrast
- Enhancing foreground-background separation
- Creating contrast with masks
- Enhancing contrast with gradient masks and clipping-masked curves
- Sharpening with nondestructive tools
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Taz Tally, and welcome to Creating Black-and-white Landscapes Images in Photoshop. In this course we'll look at evaluating, adjusting and converting RGB color landscape images into black and white landscape images in Photoshop. I'll start by showing you how to use Photoshop's black and white presets and info tools to perform basic image evaluations, adjustments, and conversions to black and white images. Then, I'll show you how to use Photoshop's black and white custom sliders and adjustment layers to take advantage of color contrast to make more advanced image adjustments and conversions to black and white images.
Then, you'll see how to create visually stunning high-contrast black and white landscapes from RGB color images using masks and adjustment layers to achieve just the look and feel you desire. Now, let's get started with Creating Black-and-White Landscape Images in Photoshop.