Creating Black-and-White Landscape Photos with Photoshop
Photographers like Ansel Adams taught us to look differently at nature: not in terms of color, but instead emphasizing tone and contrast. Converting images to black-and-white reveals these hidden depths of composition and focus a viewer's attention on forms, textures, and fabrics. In this course, Taz Tally teaches you how to use modern techniques to transform color images into majestic black-and-white landscapes, using the modern photographer's favorite tool: Photoshop. Learn how to evaluate images with the Info tool, convert RGB color images using Photoshop's time-saving black-and-white presets, and make more advanced adjustments with the black-and-white custom sliders, masks, and adjustment layers. Plus, learn finishing techniques, like sharpening, that will make your images look their best when it comes time to print.
- Exploring different methods for creating grayscale images
- Measuring grayscale values using the Histogram and Info panels
- Adjusting highlights and shadows to improve brightness and contrast
- Enhancing foreground-background separation
- Creating contrast with masks
- Enhancing contrast with gradient masks and clipping-masked curves
- Sharpening with nondestructive tools
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Taz Tally, and welcome to Creating Black-and-white Landscapes Images in Photoshop. In this course we'll look at evaluating, adjusting and converting RGB color landscape images into black and white landscape images in Photoshop. I'll start by showing you how to use Photoshop's black and white presets and info tools to perform basic image evaluations, adjustments, and conversions to black and white images. Then, I'll show you how to use Photoshop's black and white custom sliders and adjustment layers to take advantage of color contrast to make more advanced image adjustments and conversions to black and white images.
Then, you'll see how to create visually stunning high-contrast black and white landscapes from RGB color images using masks and adjustment layers to achieve just the look and feel you desire. Now, let's get started with Creating Black-and-White Landscape Images in Photoshop.
Learning Analog Efex Pro16,176 Views
Enhancing a Sunset Photograph with Lightroom and Photoshop56,075 Views
Learning Silver Efex Pro 246,947 Views
Photoshop Artist in Action: Tim Grey's Abandoned Farmhouse22,653 Views
Nik Creative Effects Workshop61,454 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,393,600 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,630,745 Views