Less is more. This video explores how to prepare an image for screen printing by flattening out tonal values.
- [Instructor] Here's a technique for…creating a stylized silk screen look…using a very limited color palette.…So, I'm going to begin by…loading two color fill layers.…The first will be the background…and the second will be the shape of the building.…Solid color, and I want my background to be a hot pink.…So I'm going to put in these values for the color.…I'm applying my color in the HSB color mode.…
280 for the color angle, 31 for the saturation,…and 99 for the brightness.…I'll click okay to that.…Now, for my second color fill layer,…I'm going to come to my channels panel,…and I have this presaved alpha channel,…which I'm going to activate by…command clicking on its thumbnail.…And we can see there the active selection.…Back to my layers panel.…Once again, choose solid color,…and this time the color will be 42, 43, 87.…
Now what I want to do is use the photograph to…tease out detail,…and I want to essentially turn it into a line drawing.…I'm going to unlock the background layer…and move it above my two color fill layers.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.