This video provides techniques for increasing and decreasing color saturation within a whole image and selectively.
- [Instructor] In this movie I'll show a way…to saturate selected colors in an image.…Now I said selected colors but I'm not going to make…a selection with selection tools,…but rather target a range of colors…with a hue/saturation adjustment layer.…I can come to my adjustments panel…and click on the hue/saturation icon…or to the bottom of the layers panel…from my list of adjustments choose hue/saturation.…I'll then click on this targeted adjustment tool,…come and click on the colors that I want to effect.…
We see these bars indicating the range of colors.…I can move these one way or the other…if I want to adjust that.…I can also adjust the transition of the change…into the other colors of the image…by moving the slider's either side.…I'm going to leave those as they are.…I'll move back onto the image,…click and hold down,…and drag to the right.…Now as I do so you'll see the saturation slider…moving to the right…and the yellows becoming more saturated.…
If I find that this change is having an adverse effect…on the colors elsewhere in the image,…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.