This video covers using the Color Themes panel to explore and create color themes.
- [Narrator] In this movie I'll use the color wheel…I made in the previous movie…to explain color harmony rules.…Color harmony rules let you make…informed choices about colors.…The four commonly used color harmony rules are…analogous, monochromatic, complementary and triad.…Analogous colors are those that are adjacent to each other…on the color wheel.…Complementary colors are those that are…diagonally opposite each other on the color wheel.…
Monochromatic colors have the same hue…but are different tints and shades of that hue.…For a color triad, imagine an equilateral triangle,…the three points of that triangle, making up the triad.…We can use the Adobe Color Themes extension…to create color themes based on color harmony rules.…And then add those themes to our…swatches panel or our library.…These themes can also be used in InDesign or Illustrator…and shared with collaborators.…
So if you first of all come to Explore, you can view…color themes created by other Creative Cloud subscribers.…To create your own theme, click Create…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.