This video covers how these external color tools can be used in conjunction with Photoshop.
- [Voiceover] In this movie, I'll show…a couple of different ways to create a color palette,…or color theme, from an image.…Beginning with this image, to create a color theme from it,…I can use the Adobe Color website.…So, if I switch now to my browser,…and then come and click on this camera icon,…"Create from Image,"…I can upload the file, it's called color theme one,…and Adobe Color builds a color palette from the image.…
I can change the mood of that color palette,…for a slightly different result,…or I can move these sample points around…to customize the result.…If I like it, I can save it.…And I can save it to one of my libraries.…I have a library called Photoshop Color,…that's where I'm going to save it.…Now, back in Photoshop, after a brief pause,…we should see that update and appear on my Libraries panel.…
So I can now work with those colors.…A second approach, one that is a bit more labor-intensive,…certainly more manual, but arguably gives you…a bit more control, and doesn't limit you…to just having five colors in your color palette,…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.