Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Create actions, part of Customize Photoshop: A Practical Approach.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Well, my course on customization…wouldn't be complete if I didn't include some pictures…of my best buddy and travel adventure buddy for 18 years,…and that's Zip.…So in this chapter, we're gonna use images of Zip.…And in this chapter, we're gonna talk…about customizing automation.…Now, Photoshop's got a lot of automation tools,…a whole bunch of them.…I'm just gonna show you two, and these are two…that I think you'll find very, very interesting and useful.…If you go underneath the File menu…and come down to Automate and Scripts,…you'll find a whole bunch of automation features…and a lot of these, you kind of figure out yourself.…
One of these that we're gonna use…is called the Image Processor.…That's gonna be the second one I'm gonna show you.…And the first one I'm gonna show you…is actually underneath the Windows menu…and it's called Actions.…So let's go ahead and do this.…I'm gonna show you how to use these two together…as well as individually.…So let's bring up the Actions panel as you see here…and you know, if you get too much stuff going on,…
But if you're like many people, you're so busy using Photoshop that you don't have time to customize it. That's where this course comes in. Photographer and educator Taz Tally presents a practical approach to customizing Photoshop. Set aside a few minutes each day, watch a chapter, and work its insights into your Photoshop routine to help you work faster and smarter, allowing you to devote more time to your creative endeavors. By the end of the course, you'll be on your way to transforming your Photoshop experience—and you won't have missed any deadlines.
- Creating custom workspaces
- Building your own keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing views, tools, and options
- Adjusting import and export options
- Customizing panels: Layers, Adjustments, Histogram, and more
- Managing and synchronizing color settings
- Setting up soft and hard proofing
- Customizing print settings
- Creating Photoshop actions
- Using the Image Processor and actions together to automate exports