Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Correcting white balance with Camera Raw, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome. In this project we'll be working on this file (c)michael_costa be sure to check…out Michaels Photography at michaelcostaphotography.com.…He is an amazing photographer; it's really exciting to get to work on one of his images.…Let's go ahead and open this image up, yet we're going to open this image up with camera raw…because I first want to work on the color and tone.…So let's press Command R in a Mac, Control R in a PC, this will launch Adobe Camera Raw.…Now, that we're here, the first thing I want to do is white balance this image.…
So I'm going to select the White Balance tool and then I'm going to click on the portion of the image that isn't pure white.…So I'm going to go for one of these grays down here on this wedding dress, and those will work very well for me,…and one of things that does for me is that warms the image overall.…I didn't really realize how off the image was, yet now it looks so much better.…In wedding photography you don't always have the luxury of white balancing, sometimes there is a movement…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.