Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Correcting and stylizing video clips, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop (2012).
As we move throughout this course, obviously, we're going to stylize some video clips.…And you'll notice there are three main ways of stylizing video clips.…So, let's check out these three different methods.…We'll start by checking out our bottom layer here which is the Mirror Layer,…it's the shot of a side view mirror.…And as I scrub through my Timeline here you'll notice that the shot is black and white.…Well, if you look at the layer above and turn the visibility off, notice that's…the layer that's actually making this black and white.…This is called an Adjustment Layer.…
If I double-click right here on this little half circle, it will open up my…Properties tab and let me make adjustments to this black and white application.…So, I could choose exactly what color channels are getting the black and white…adjustments and how strong the adjustments are going to be.…Now, if I move my playhead down to the next clip you'll notice that clip …is not black and white.…The reason for this is two-fold.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.