Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Correcting color and contrast, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
So far we have been making some great progress with our image here.…What I want to do in this movie is work on the color.…A lot of times you start to work on an image you think, you know what the color looks great,…I like the way everything is looking, yet we need to double-check something here.…What we want to do is double-check the skin tone.…So we're going to select the Eyedropper tool by pressing the I key on the keyboard or selecting that from the toolbox.…Next, hold down the Shift key, we're going to click on the chin here.…That's a nice spot to check for our color skin tone.…Then in the info palette we'll take our Eyedropper to the CMYK color.…
Now what we're looking for CMYK color is a yellow that's a little bit higher than a magenta…and our cyan that's one-third to one-fifth of the magenta or the yellow.…Now that may sound a little strange to you.…So let me show you how this works.…We're going click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Curves.…What I'm going to do first is I'm going to go into this magenta channel, I'm going to go to my green-magenta channel.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.