Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Convert color to high-contrast black and white, part of Photoshop for Designers: Color.
- This movie is about converting color to a high contrast…black and white image because sometimes the color in…an image can be distracting.…Take away the color and the image becomes about shape…and form and texture.…So, the first thing I want to do here is apply a…Black and White Adjustment layer,…and I'm going to use this to improve the contrast.…I could try the Presets out but instead…I'm going to get my Targeted Adjustment tool,…move over this area in the foreground and click and drag…to the right, and you can see the yellow slider moving…to the right, and more important than that even,…we see that we're now bringing out some detail…in the foreground.…
Next I would like to accentuate the contrast more…by adding a Dodge and Burn layer, dodging to lighten areas…and burning to darken areas.…And I'm going to do this on a separate layer.…I'll select the Background layer, hold down my Option or…Alt key, click on the New Layer icon,…I'll name the layer, change its mode to Overlay…and check this box to fill it with Overlay-neutral gray.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.