Take charge, forget those auto-function buttons and do it manually. Explore getting drivers for your scanner of choice, scanning from within Photoshop, and the best methods for selecting the final scan area. Specific control settings for things like color, resolution, and document types are addressed in the next chapter.
- Let's talk about getting our computers and our scanners…talking with each other, and even though…I don't know what kind of scanner you're using…or what kind of computer you've got,…I think we're okay here, and that's just 'cause, you know,…scanners work about the same…and we can narrow computers down into just two, Mac and PC.…And of course, it'll be Google to the rescue…if anything else comes up, right?…And yes, I will be using a Mac here,…and if you are on a PC, don't worry.…Most of this stuff is gonna apply just about the same.…
Now most scanners come with prepackaged driver software,…and just to make sure you're using the latest,…go to Google and type in the name of your scanner…plus the words driver download,…and that should take you there,…or at least a click or two away from where you need to go,…and that's for a Mac and for PC.…And next, here's a little cheat…that you Mac users might not know.…Okay, with your scanner turned on…and connected to your computer,…open your system prefs, click on Printers & Scanners,…
- Working with scanning equipment
- Scanning resolution and cropping
- Advanced digital treatments of scans
- Building a creature with a scanner
- Creating a collage with a scanner
- Scanning botanical specimens from your yard
- Creating a GIF using your scanner
- Processing film negatives with a scanner
- Professional uses for scanography
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Introduction to scanography1m 55s
1. Getting Started Scanning
2. Using Your Scanner to Create Art
3. Advanced Compositions with Scanning
4. Sharing Your Work
Where to go from here3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.