Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Contrast tweaks and gradient layers, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So this is the state of our illustration.…We have painted on four layers.…We have painted all the elements of our illustration.…And what follows now always is my personal favorite part.…It's tweaking.…The cool thing about digital illustration…is that you can tweak a lot.…So it's not so much of a problem…if you make some mistakes in the painting phase.…you can tweak a lot and fix a lot in post.…
All right, so one thing that's bothering me…about the current state of the illustration is…that the contrasts here in this mountain range…look much more interesting…than the contrasts in the palace.…And that's not good.…And the palace should be the most prominent feature…of the illustration.…And the first thing I'm going to do…is I select my MIdground…where these mountains here are located.…And I'm going to use…a very big soft brush…and I pick one of the mid-tones here.…
And very slightly with a low Opacity,…I paint over the layer.…And this will lower the contrasts…and the highlights get darker that way.…Well, we just lowered the contrast of the whole layer.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.