Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Considering cameras and gear, part of Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Ahh - the great outdoors, fresh air, stunning vistas, the chance to feel part of…something larger than yourself, and an excuse to by new photo gear.…All that artsy-fartsy stuff is important of course, but who doesn't like to talk about gear?…What we're going to talk about now are the landscape-specific issues that you…need to consider when you are choosing your photo gear, everything from cameras…to the other things that you might need.…Of course, first and foremost, camera choice is going to be your critical…decision in whether you already have a camera, and you are thinking of…upgrading, or you're shopping for a new camera. You are going to have some…difficult decisions ahead of you.…
Cameras fall into pretty much three different categories:…There are SLRs, there a point-and-shoot cameras, and there is a new option that…we will look at in a minute.…An SLR is what you think of as the old- fashioned typical 35 millimeter kind of camera.…They are typically identified by the fact that they have removable lenses.…
- Getting the shot: landscape-specific shooting tips and tricks
- Choosing the right equipment
- Cropping and straightening images
- Making localized color and tonal adjustments
- Reducing noise
- Guiding the viewer’s eye with localized adjustments
- Adding a vignette
- Using gradient masks to create seamless edits
- Approaching adjustments like a painter–thinking in light and shadow
- HDR imaging
- Creating panoramas: shooting and post-processing techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6with Chris Orwig6h 28m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Performing Basic Edits in Camera Raw
3. Localized Editing and Color Correction in Camera Raw
4. Final Steps in Camera Raw
5. Performing Additional Edits in Photoshop
7. HDR Imaging
8. Converting to Black and White
Black-and-white conversion7m 13s
9. Putting It All Together and Thinking Like a Painter
10. Outputting Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.