Mike Rankin shows how to configure application preferences in Photoshop, which is something you should know how to do before you take the ACA exam. He shows how to change the appearance of the user interface, where to change the amount of RAM Photoshop can use, how to set the default resolution of print documents, and text-related controls like smart quotes and placeholder text.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll see how … to customize some of Photoshop's preferences, … which is something you should know how to do … before you take the ACA exam. … To open preferences, go to the Photoshop menu on the Mac, … or the edit menu on Windows, and choose preferences. … And from here, you can go directly to the set … of preferences you want to edit by choosing it. … I'll open general preferences. … And I don't want to change anything here, … but I just want to point out a couple of things. … First is this alert icon you'll see … in certain places in the preferences dialog box. … It says that the preference change … won't take effect until you restart Photoshop. … The other thing is this button, … reset preferences on quit. … Clicking this and then restarting Photoshop … will put all preferences back to their defaults. … Now let's go to interface. … Here you can customize things like the color theme, … and you can see the effect right away. … And the user interface font size. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.