Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure advanced color management settings, part of Customize Photoshop: A Practical Approach.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Well, welcome back to our…continuing discussion on color management…and print settings, and if you're joining us again,…if you've got the courage to come back and try some more,…this technical stuff, well congratulations.…All right, so let's start off where we left off…after the first video.…Let's come down to Color Settings…and notice the keyboard shortcut,…Command + Shift or Control + Shift + K.…If you use this very much, you probably have…learned how to use that.…All right, just a quick review.…We set our working spaces, RGB and CMYK,…in the first video.…Now I just want to talk a little bit more…about some of the more advanced settings.…
First of all, the basics down here underneath…Color Management Policies.…And what this is all about is, when you open up…an image that somebody else has shot,…or maybe you shot it with a different camera…and it's a different color profile, this is what…Photoshop will do in terms of either changing the profile…or embedding one or not embedding one.…And if you open up an image in SRGB,…
But if you're like many people, you're so busy using Photoshop that you don't have time to customize it. That's where this course comes in. Photographer and educator Taz Tally presents a practical approach to customizing Photoshop. Set aside a few minutes each day, watch a chapter, and work its insights into your Photoshop routine to help you work faster and smarter, allowing you to devote more time to your creative endeavors. By the end of the course, you'll be on your way to transforming your Photoshop experience—and you won't have missed any deadlines.
- Creating custom workspaces
- Building your own keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing views, tools, and options
- Adjusting import and export options
- Customizing panels: Layers, Adjustments, Histogram, and more
- Managing and synchronizing color settings
- Setting up soft and hard proofing
- Customizing print settings
- Creating Photoshop actions
- Using the Image Processor and actions together to automate exports