Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Comparing shots with polarization, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- Throughout our time in the rainforest…we've really been talking about polarization…and the affects of reducing glare and increasing saturation.…In the Hoh Rainforest we did a side-by-side.…I really wanna show you the difference.…In this first image we have polarization.…In the second image no polarization.…Let's take a look at those side-by-side.…If I "Shift-click" on both…and I hit the "End" key, which is called "Survey mode,"…it lets you see two images at once.…I'm gonna do "Shift-tab" to make it large…and hit "L" twice to go black.…
Now I can really look at the images.…Lightroom has a lot of useful ways…in which to see your images.…On the left we've got dramatic green color.…We have taken that glare away…to really show you what the fern looks like.…It's really a way of revealing the scene.…On the right, we're picking up…all the glare from the overcast sky…and the ferns are a mix of white and green.…They're just not that green, lush feel…that we got in the Hoh.…It really doesn't tell the story…that I experienced.…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 32s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 43s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.