Mike Rankin reviews key terms for communicating with peers and clients that you should know for the Photoshop ACA exam. This includes design brief, sketch, mockup, specifications, wireframes, prototypes, iterations, project scope, scope creep, and change order.
- [Instructor] Good communication skills are essential … for graphic designers since they need … to understand the wishes of their clients, … develop ideas with coworkers, … and turn feedback into results that work for everyone. … That's why one of the objectives on the ACA exam … is about communication. … So, let's look at some key terms related … to communicating design plans. … First let's talk about a design brief, … also called a creative brief. … This is a document created by the designer … after the initial communications with the client. … It spells out the expectations for the work in terms … of what is to be delivered, also called deliverables, … and the schedule, budget, and scope of the project. … It can also include information like the target audience … and spell out the approval process. … The client and designer both sign off on the brief … to indicate they agree with what's in it … so it ensures that everyone is accountable. … The brief may include or be followed by a sketch, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.