Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Combining interior and exterior exposures of an office with windows, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
Here we are going to look at a really common need in architectural photography, and that is …the need to composite or combine multiple exposures together where you have one exposure …for the interior, as you can see here, and then another for the exterior. …We want to have good exposure inside, but we also want to have some nice detail outside …of those windows. …Now these photographs were captured by one of my friends and fellow photographers, Erin Feinblatt. …Check out his work at erinfeinblattphotography.com. …Erin, thanks a ton for the use of these files. And these are images which were showcasing office space.…
And in order to be able to sell or to showcase this office space, we really need to fix the …exposure in the windows there. …So let's go ahead and turn on the visibility of our top layer, and then we are going to …reach for the Polygonal Lasso tool. You can find this underneath your Lasso tool here. …So choose Polygonal Lasso. …Then for our Feather, let's go ahead and add just a few pixels. Maybe just 1 pixel will do. …
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.