Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Combining the best from two frames, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Sometimes you'll find…that when you need to combine two frames together,…the technique in the previous movie just won't work.…And so you'll need to do your alignment manually.…Let's take a look an example of how we can do that.…Often you want to start in Bridge or Lightroom…and select the raw file.…So here we have the four resolution files.…I'll click on one then Shift + Click on the other…and in Bridge, you go to the Tools pulldown menu…then choose Photoshop…and then select Load Files Into Photoshop Layers.…
When we click on this option,…what it will do is send over those four res files…into a single Photoshop document with two layers…and this will just speed up our workflow…because as you can see here,…we now have both images in one document.…All right, well if we zoom in,…we can see we have this portrait of a couple…and in one image, his eyes are closed…and the other one, it's the opposite.…So, I want to combine the two but before I start to work…on how I want to combine this,…I want to take a look at the composition.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.