This video covers creating focus in an image by having the subject in color and the background in black and white.
- [Instructor] In this movie on combining color…and black and white in the same image,…I'll show two techniques for creating a signature color.…In this first example, I want to accentuate the red…of the mail box and phone box, and to do this,…I need to desaturate the background.…Because the background also has a lot of red in it,…I need to make a selection first of all.…And, to do that, I'm going to use the Color Range option.…So, I'm going to start out with a Fuzziness of 40,…a Range of 100% and to limit my selections to contiguous…selections, I have Localized Color Clusters checked.…
So, now I'll move on to the image,…and holding down my shift key, click on the red areas.…And then to refine that, hold down my option or Alt key…to remove from areas of the background…that have been included within that selection.…I can also do this on the preview thumbnail as well,…so I'm switching between shift and option or Alt.…
Okay, at this point, I'm going to Invert that selection,…and just refine it a little bit more in this view.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.