Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Colorizing the drawer, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So now we're gonna start to colorize…the little paths that we created for the…little drawer that comes out…So we're gonna go in here and…let's take these guys and put them in…to a little folder of their own.…We'll take New Group From Layers,…and we'll call this Box.…And now we're gonna create a new guy on top,…which we're gonna call Drawer.…And the first layer is going to be…the top edges, top edges.…
And that's gonna be these two paths here, those two.…And we're gonna pick a color,…like this color right here, this nice dark color.…Let's pick the darker one right there.…And in the top edges we're gonna fill that path right there.…Then we're gonna select these two.…And we're gonna call that the front faces.…Or sides, that's the right word.…Sides, there we go.…And we'll pick a much lighter tone.…
So we're gonna pick this light tone right in there.…And go ahead and fill those paths there.…So there's our little shelves.…Let's turn off this guy for just a second.…And what we're going to do now,…is I'm gonna go in here and give both of those a mask.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.