Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Colorizing the bolts, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So now, what we're gonna do is we're gonna…take all these little paths and colorize them.…Now, the first thing I'm going to do is…I'm gonna go in there and select them all,…just kind of center them a little better…so we get a better view here.…Okay, so now let's start with this guy.…This is the body of the bowl.…We'll go in there and say, "sides."…All right, and I'm going to turn into the selection.…So, I go into my paths and I say,…"Make a selection."…And I'm gonna add some colors to this.…This bolt is very light colored as opposed to…our little grill before, so I'm going to start off…with a very light color, almost a very light gray,…and let's cool it off a little, bring it into the blues.…
Okay and then go in here and get a slightly darker gray.…And there we go.…So, what we're going to do is…use our reflective gradient.…And our light's coming from that side,…we remember that from the grill.…So, I'm just gonna go in there and…throw a little gradient right through here like that.…See, so there we have that slight little…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.