Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Color picker keyboard shortcut, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So when we are working on the digital canvas,…we will frequently need to open up…the Color Picker and change…our color selection,…open it up again,…changing the color,…pressing "ok"…and this can become a little bit tedious…after some time, always going to the tool bar,…hitting this color swatch, opening up the Color Picker,…and there is actually a faster way to do that.…
You can set up a shortcut to open up…the Color Picker at any time,…and there's no preset shortcut for that…so we have to do it on our own…but that's no problem.…Under "edit, keyboard shortcuts"…we make sure that we are in the category "tools"…and we scroll down, down, down, down…pretty much at the bottom…and there we find the Foreground Color Picker.…
Now, we want to set a very easy shortcut for that.…I like to use "C"…I get a little warning here that the shortcut "C"…is already in use for the crop tool,…but I don't use the "crop" tool too much.…I don't need a shortcut for that…so I will just accept it…and hit "ok" and from now on…whenever I hit "C" on the keyboard…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.