As an alternative to the Color Picker, learn how to set up and use the Color Palette in this video.
- [Instructor] Even if we are using a shortcut … to open the Color Picker, … we still always have to press the Okay button … in order to confirm our new color … and be able to use it. … And this click that we always have to perform … can become a little bit tedious … and there is an alternative … to using the Color Picker window. … Under Window we can open the Color Palette. … This is palette that stays open all the time … and in it we find all the settings that we … also know from the Color Picker window. … So we have a Hue slider here at the top … and a Saturation slider and a Brightness slider. … And there are different options for the Color Palette … and the one that resembles our usage … of the Color Picker the most is the option Hue Cube. … Here we have the color field that we know … from the Color Picker window … and the Color slider on the side. … And if we choose a color in the Color Palette … it is activated instantly. … So we can directly use it without needing … to press the Okay button in the Color Picker. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.