In this video, experiment with the different Color Dynamics settings to give color variation to your brush strokes.
- [Instructor] My personal favorite among the different … brush settings is the set of settings that we find … under color dynamics. … The first setting here foreground background jitter … will only be visible if we actually use … two different colors here … for the foreground and the background. … So far we've only worked with the foreground color … which is currently blue, but if we click here … on the swatch in the background … we will be able to choose a color … for the background color too. … And I will use red here. … Now without any foreground background jitter … our brush tool with simple apply our foreground color. … If we introduce some foreground background jitter … we will see that now the background color … is mixed into our brushstroke. … Each individual brush tip gets a slightly different color … which is a mixture of our foreground color … and our background color. … If we rem up the value up to 100% … we will see that we now get all kinds of colors … in our brush stroke between our foreground color blue …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.