This video explores techniques for white balancing and color corrections.
- [Instructor] Color correction means adjusting…the color temperature or color balance of an image…either to compensate for a color cast…or subjectively to give an image a certain look or mood.…Color temperature is measured in degrees kelvin…with a temperature of 5,500K consider…the temperature of overhead light at midday.…If you're working with a camera raw image…as I am here, color balance issues are best addressed…with these white balance presets.…
By default, and usually it works just fine…as shot is the white balance preset.…In the case of this particular image…I feel the result is a little on the cool side.…So if I were to change this to auto for example,…you can see that my color temperature…moves towards yellow and the image becomes warmer.…Now I can set the color balance manually…by using the color balance tool…and then clicking on a portion of my image…that I feel should be neutral grey.…
As I move over portions of my image…you can see my color numbers changing here…just below the histogram on the right hand side.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.