Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Color composition, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- This is our loose color study,…and I want to use this to develop…the final composition for my illustration.…And let's just rearrange this a little bit.…I'm taking the marking selection tool…with the move tool,…I move this to the side here a little bit.…CTRL D deselects everything.…Now I'm creating a new layer…because I want to make a little drawing.…And by the way, I'm using some of my own…brush presets here.…
I think this one will do a good job.…I'm sketching with black, zooming in a little bit.…And my first step in creating a composition…always is to roughly define the proportions…of my illustration, and it also always helps…to have some guidelines in the composition.…A grid like this here might give us some hints…where to place different elements…in our composition.…
It's referred to as the Rule of Thirds.…We have divided our canvas here…into thirds horizontally and vertically,…and normally these points here…where the thirds cross each other,…where the lines cross,…these points are normally very suitable…to put points of interest in the illustration.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.