A Color Balance adjustment helps to slightly tweak the colors in a selected portion of your image. Learn how to utilize that in this video.
- [Presenter] With my final selection, … I now want to introduce a … very slight color adjustment to … portions of the ground here in my little landscape painting. … And, because it's going to be a very subtle change, … I want to get rid of these distracting animated lines here, … that outline my selection. … But, I want the selection to stay active. … I can go to View, Show, Selection Edges. … It is currently checked, and if I uncheck it, … the selection will not longer be shown, … but it is still there. … Now, let's look which color adjustment … might help me to achieve a very subtle color effect. … I have something in mind. … I want to use the Color Balance. … Color Balance is a wonderful adjustment … for very subtle effects. … We have three sliders here, and with every slider, … we can shift the color that is currently on our canvas, … into a specific color direction. … So, if I would want to edit … my colors here into the Cyan range, … I could use this slider, … and you now see very subtle changes here, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.