Close-focus wide angle allows you to get very close to your subject while still capturing contextual background of your subject.
- [Narrator One] In this movie we're going to take a look…at our final special technique,…which is close-focus wide angle,…which combines a small dome along with a wide angle lens,…to allow you to create the effect of heightened perspective.…So let's take a look at how close-focus wide angle…provides us with a different perspective.…- [Narrator Two] Here we've got a photo of a frog fish.…Now, this was actually taken with a wide angle lens,…even thought this is a typically macro subject,…but we've shot it in something called a mini dome.…
It's a very small dome port,…and that allows you to get closer…and approach the subject at a lower angle.…Now, I should mention this really only works…with fish-eye lenses.…If you recall back to our fundamentals chapter,…you'll remember that using small domes…with a rectilinear lens…can cause some really severe sharpness issues in the corner.…We're pretty much going to limit our discussion here…to images that were shot…with a fish-eye lense in a mini dome.…What this is going to do,…
- Wide-angle optics
- Blending and contrasting exposure
- Controlling exposure with aperture
- Lighting underwater
- Shooting on walls and slopes
- Composing underwater shots
- Capturing rays of sunlight
- Going in for close focus
- Post-processing in Lightroom
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Wide Angle?
5. Special Techniques
6. Post Processing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.