Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloning away problems on a new layer, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- (Instructor) One of the camera techniques…that portrait photographers like myself are very fond of,…is capturing and image with a shallow depth of feel.…The reason is, is because it draws…the viewer in to the subject.…Like with these two images, you can see their eyes are…in focus, and the background's…a blur because of that shallow depth of feel.…Yet still, what can happen is you can have something in the…background that is distracting.…That you need to reduce or minimize it.…Like with these two images.…
You can see this one, there's this black line,…kind of coming out of his head,…and the other one, we have these branches.…So let's look at two different techniques for dealing…with an issue in a background, so that…we can reduce or minimize that issue.…We'll start off with this photograph here.…This is a portrait of a friend, who's a surfboard shaper,…and I captured this image in his workshop,…and there were two surfboards standing side by side,…and the gap between the surfboards is this line.…It really doesn't make sense, or look very good.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.