In this video, use the Clone Stamp tool to duplicate elements on your digital canvas.
- [Instructor] The next tool I'd like to show you … is normally used in photo retouch, … but we can achieve some interesting effects with it … in our digital painting, too. … So let's have a look at the Clone Stamp tool. … We find it over here in the toolbar, … and when we have the Clone Stamp tool active, … the first thing that we have to do … is we have to define a clone source point. … We do that by clicking and holding the alt key. … Our cursor becomes these cross hairs, … and now we can click where we want the clone source … to be located. … Let's say over here. … Now if I paint with the Clone Stamp tool, … the clone source will be copied … to the point where I start my painting. … And if I move away, … the clone source will be moved accordingly. … You can see the little white plus icon … that indicates the location of our clone source. … We can change this behavior by unchecking the aligned option … up here in the options bar. … Now whenever ever we start a stroke … with the Clone Stamp tool, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.