Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up small details, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
We're getting really close to completing this project.…At this stage of the game, one of the things I like to do is create a new layer for some basic cleanup.…So, let's click on the New Layer icon and call this Cleanup because most likely at this point…of the retouching process, we probably missed a few things.…So, let's zoom in on the image and we'll select one of our cleanup tools.…In this case I'll choose the Healing Brush.…I'll make the Healing Brush nice and small.…What I'm going to do is just go around the image and look for a few of these little areas where I have some blemishes,…it would be nice to fix up even more than I've done already because we're building this up.…
We're slowly making this better and better.…So, I'm just looking for uneven skin tones or perhaps problem areas that I have overlooked, and I'm going to sweeten this…up just by taking out some of the skin variations here.…I'm also noticing that I have a couple of areas that could do some work in the teeth.…So I'll do that here in a second once I get this portion of the face looking good.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.