Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up small details, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Alright, so we're now ready to cleanup this particular image.…One of the things I want to point out before we start our cleanup work is that my black…and white conversion isn't incredibly contrasting.…Now, if I want to add more contrast, I'm going to do that later.…In this case, I want to try to create the image that will print well, and then later we'll add some more contrast.…So, just keep that in mind if you are thinking, "Gosh, I would love more contrasting image".…You know so what I, yeah, right now I don't want to have too much contrast.…Alright, let's double click the Zoom tool.…That will take this image into 100%, and as we do that we see a number of different areas…that could benefit from some quick cleanup work.…
So, let's create a new layer and we'll do that by clicking on the New Layer icon and we'll call this layer r1 for retouch 1.…Then we're going to go and select the Spot Healing Brush and then zoom-in on the image even more.…What I'm going to do over here is just look to take out some of these little freckles and so I'm going to remove some…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.