Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up small details, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The one of things that's important in regards to retouching is clean up the image before you enhance it.…So what we want to do our clean up work right now.…Yet before I move up to clean up work, I just want to make sure that my color is in a really good place.…Now, the way that I can do that is I can select the eyedropper tool form the toolbox.…I'm going to sample an area, in this case right to the left of the highlight…of this chin there, and I'm going to add a little point.…My sample size is a 5/5 average that will work really well for me anything other than point sample.…So 5/5 average, next in the info palette, I'm going to take this to CMYK color.…
Now I cover color correct skin tone in other training title, so if you don't know a lot about getting color correct skin tone,…I recommend you watch one of those other training titles.…Yet for this particular training title, I want to say that you know what my color is looking really good.…My cyan is one third to one fifth of my magenta or yellow, and my magenta…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.