Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up skin, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
We're now ready to begin to work on skin.…After I recorded that last movie I thought, you know what our retouching is looking really good.…I went in and merged all those layers down.…So they are now on this clean up layer.…Even that background, I think that looked good.…OK, well, let's zoom in a little bit on this image and start to work on skin.…Create a new layer Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC and let's zoom in quite a bit and what we're going…to do here is just grab our Healing Brush tool.…We're going to go through this image and hold down the Option key to sample an area, Alt key on a PC and we're just going to look…to remove some of these blemishes we're seeing on the face.…
They're really small and not huge blemishes, not big problems.…before and after, just sweetening up the evenness of the skin tone there, alright, that's looking good.…We'll go down here on the neck, work on a few blemishes we're seeing here.…We'll look for blemishes in regards to brightness value.…So skin where there is variation in tone or where we see darkness.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.