Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up selections in Quick Mask, part of Photoshop CS5: Selections in Depth.
So far in this course, you've viewed and worked with selections as marching…ants, as a mask in an alpha channel, and as a mask in a layer mask.…There's another way to view and work with a selection, and that is in Quick Mask mode.…Quick Mask mode allows you to use other features and tools, like Brush tools and…filters and other Selection tools as you're building a selection.…One common use for Quick Mask mode is to clean up a selection that started to…make with another tool, like the Magic Wand tool.…
So, I'm going to start here by trying to select this purple ribbon using the magic wand.…I'll select the Magic Wand tool in the toolbox, and then I'll come into the…image and click on top of the ribbon.…As is typical of the Magic Wand tool, it hasn't selected everything that I want…to include in my selection, and it has selected some things that I don't want to include.…I can try to exclude these areas that I don't want by holding the Option key on…the Mac or the Alt key on the PC and clicking there.…
- Understanding the when and why of making selections
- Combining and transforming selections
- Selecting fine detail with Refine Edge
- Capturing soft and hard edges in one selection
- Understanding the relationship of selections to masks
- Removing color fringe around selections
- Using the Marquee and Lasso tools
- Working with the Color Range command
- Selecting with the Pen tool and paths
- Making easy selections with the Quick Selection tool
- Working with Refine Mask
- Sharing selections between images
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland26h 24m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
1. Why Make Selections?
2. Selection Basics
3. Modifying Selections
4. Refining Selections
5. Geometric Selection Methods
6. Drawing Selection Methods
7. Tonal and Color Selection Methods
8. Using Image Properties to Select
9. Saving Selections
10. Working in Quick Mask Mode
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.