Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up the image with the Clone Stamp tool, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we will be using the Clone Stamp Tool to cleanup our image quite a bit,…let's zoom in a little bit create a New Layer, no need to name it, same way to choose the Clone Stamp Tool.…We are going to take it to a Blend Mode of Lighten at real low percentage.…Let's try somewhere about 10%, 13% somewhere about 10%.…And then we are going to zoom in on the Image a little bit.…And one area that I would like to fix up is the shadow right next to the lip here, so I am just going to go ahead…and paint in some brightness, slowly building that up, let's look at our before and after, hey that looks nice.…
A couple of other areas that could benefit from that underneath the nose, the shadow up here,…just looking to dodge with the Clone Stamp Tool, interesting concept there.…It can really actually work quite well, as you are looking to even out tonality.…Now this portion underneath the lips we are going to need to do some more stuff there but I will come back to that…and work underneath the eyes here, just subtle brightening of those eyes.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.